Walt Disney, a legendary name that will echo forever in the hearts and minds of kids, young and old, everywhere in the world. The founder and creator of countless beloved characters, stories, and movies, Disney lived a life that fully expressed his imagination and creativity. Despite the challenges he faced in pursuing his dreams (including bankruptcy at one point), he never wavered in making what was in his mind a reality. Because of this, generations of children have him to thank for the legacy he left behind.
Like Disney, I hang my hat on using creativity and imagination though I express it in creating brands and products rather than characters, movies and experiences like he did. I’ll always relate to the stories and struggles of creators as I go on my own journey and struggles. Below are some of his quotes that I’ve bookmarked through the years.
- If you can dream it, you can do it.
- All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
- We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
- Somehow, I can’t believe that there are any heights that can’t be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably.
- All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me… You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
- A man should never neglect his family for business.
- I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.
- I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things.
- All you’ve got to do is own up to your ignorance honestly, and you’ll find people who are eager to fill your head with information.
- Do a good job. You don’t have to worry about the money; it will take care of itself. Just do your best work then try to trump it.
- A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.